Saturday, March 1, 2008

Helado (ice cream)

Sean and I travel well together but Jesse and I are more in tune with the laws of eating. Sean just does not get 'ice cream for breakfast' and he does not understand the whole concept of window shopping in pastry shops. It must be something about his military upbringing but he firmly believes that you can´t have dessert till you finish your livers and potatoes. Well, he finally came round this morning and broke down and had an ice cream. Eating ice cream when it is thirty degrees is an art that Jess and I have perfected. He looked like he had been beaten to death by a chocolate fairy by the time he was done. Luckily the shop where we bought it had a wash up area for children or he would have had to go back to the Posada for a shower.

4 comments:

Jesse G. said...

You should have brought meeeeee. If you'd brought meeeeee we could eat ice cream for breakfast EVERY DAY.

moroni family said...

So great to read of your adventures. Travel revives the soul, doesn't it? I, too, would have icecream for breakfast with you, Kim. And glad to hear that Martin and I are not the only people in the world who have had to walk out of dancing lessons for the sake of saving our relationship. Martin still claims that he was doing the moves correctly when it was very clear that he was not. Feels weird to think that you guys are in the southern hemisphere enjoying hot weather while I am working in the MF office - a strange role reversal. You guys will be back here in the cold soon enough. I am greatly enjoying work but I think you would go crazy in my windowless office, Kim. Julia came down to the office the other day and I pointed out Sean's office. She asked if Glenda's office was your office, Kim. I told her you would rather die than work in an office all day. She seems rather perplexed at that. She doesn't seem to understand the concept of work because she asked me if I have to pay to go to work.
Anyway, enjoy the rest of your time away! B

Kim Thistle said...

And, you would have done it much more delicately, Jesse. You and Zack will be happy to know that I took a photo of Sean under a street sign that said Guido Ave. It was sooooo easy! Wonder if there are any Avenido de Douche Tard......

Kim Thistle said...

Great to hear from you, Bonny. Sean and Martin have a lot in common. He swears he was doing the moves correctly, too. It must be a guy thing.

Hugs to the kids.