Thursday, February 28, 2008

Repreive from the heat and noise

Last nite the skies opened up and the rain fell. When I say fell, I mean it came straight down, perpendicular to the earth, and bounced off the pavement with such force that it seemed as tho there were a whole different type of weather system going on a foot above ground. I sat on the balcony all morning and read to the pleasant sound of the downpour. The only sound of civilization that could be heard above the roar were the many sirens that are constant in the city and the landing aircraft. All else was drowned. Since the avian world was grounded, all huddled up for shelter, it makes one wonder why aircraft don't take their lead. Surely they understand something that man does not. The thunder and lightening were like nothing I have ever heard. There were a few cracks that made me cringe. I was unsure if they were thunder or crashing aircraft. At noon the wind picked up and the vertical turned to diagonal. From my perch it looked as tho sheets of water were being pushed across the city. The cemetary looked especially cold and bleak.

The storm has ended, the air has cooled and the city has awakened from the lull. Life goes on.

4 comments:

Jesse G. said...

Psssssh. We had regular tornados in Chile. Argentina is so lame.

P.S. It's sunny and warm in Montreal.

Unknown said...

I am completely gobsmacked. I remember the Kim who never wanted to get married and hated technology...now we have the old married blogger! Look at the influence Sean has had on you! Enjoy your trip. Forecast is saying -27 with windchill here tomorrow.
P.S. Has Sean tried the potato int he speedo's trick we were talking about?
P.P.S. Feel free to bring back pitures of the platter boobies, haha!

Heather said...

Can I come the next time?

You use capital letters now!

Kim Thistle said...

Jesse you are such a turd ball.

Sheldon, I can do anything I set my mind to.... it is just the mind setting that seems to be an obstacle.

And, Heather, I would LOVE to take you next time. You could get a job designing tango costumes... mind you, I have dishcloths larger than what most of them were wearing so designing and sewing would not be much of a challenge.